Our child care program is open to members and casual visitors seeking care for their children.
Children are supervised by qualified carers in our dedicated child care area, an interactive space equipped with games, toys and an outdoor play area. We provide children with the opportunity to socialise in a family/multi-age setting, where they can explore new experiences in a stimulating and caring environment. We welcome children from 6 months through their preschool years.
At WISAC, we offer two child care sessions per day on Mondays, Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Sessions are 1.5 hours long and parents and carers are welcome to book one or both sessions per day. Our childcare service is available for infant and pre-school age children, while you enjoy the facilities at the WISAC, or simply while you take a break.
1:5 for infants under 3 years
1:15 for children over 3 years
Session 1: 9:15 AM – 10:45 AM
Session 2: 10:45AM – 12:15 PM
Monday: 9:15am - 12:15pm
Tuesday: 9:15am - 12:15pm
Wednesday: 9:15am - 12:15pm
Friday: 9:15am - 12:15pm
Public Holidays: Closed
We close for up to 4 weeks over the Christmas period.
Download our the childcare handbook
- Fees apply per session.
- Children can attend one or both sessions per day.
- Member rates as detailed below apply to full access members at Wangaratta Indoor Sports & Aquatic Centre.
Childcare Member 1.5 hour session $7.50 Childcare Non-member 1.5 hour session $8.50
Fees must be paid:
- By debit or credit card over the phone or in person.
Bookings are essential. Call us on (03) 5722 1723 or come in and see one of our friendly staff.
Enrolment, Bookings and Cancellations
For each child you wish to enrol in our child care service, you need to:
- Fill out the enrolment form
- Provide an original birth certificate, Immunisation History Statement, and other supporting documents (for example, a Health Care Card or anaphylaxis management plan) where necessary
- Please bring these forms into the centre.
We recommend an orientation meeting with our Children's Service staff to:
- Give you a tour of the creche
- Check your enrolment form and supporting documents
- Discuss your child's needs and your expectations.
This can be arranged at reception or by calling the centre on (03) 5722 1723 during business hours
Once enrolled, you can make a booking in person or by calling the centre on (03) 5722 1723 during business hours. Bookings can be made up to a week in advance. Telephone bookings can be made after 9:30am. Fees must be paid when you book and bookings are essential.
Please understand when using casual bookings that places may not always be available. If a session is booked out the child will be placed onto a waiting list and parents will be contacted if a vacancy becomes available.
Parents wishing to cancel their Crèche booking must do so by 8.45am on the day of the booking to allow the waiting list to be contacted (No Fee will be charged). To retain a booking for the following week, session fee payment is required.
What to Bring
Bring all the things your child will need during their care. Please ensure all items are clearly labelled with your child's name. If your child is on medication, please hand this directly to staff when you arrive.
Infants and toddlers
- Bottle (with expressed milk, pre-made formula or cow's milk as required)
- Healthy snack or lunch
- Water bottle or sippy cup
- Dummy in sealed container, if required
- Nappies, wipes and plastic bags
- Change of clothes
- Sun-safe hat - we recommend the legionnaire style (brim at the front, flap at the back)
- Comfort item (soft toy or blanket), if required
- Sleeping sheet set or blanket for nap time, if required
- Healthy snack or lunch
- Water bottle
- Change of clothes (some types of play may be messy)
- Extra pairs of underwear, especially if toilet training
- Sun-safe hat
Do NOT bring
- Fizzy drinks, lollies or chocolates - unless specifically requested for a special celebration
- Nuts or Nutella - we have a nut-free policy to avoid anaphylaxis
- Toys - unless they are comfort items. If you bring toys, we'll remove them and give them to you when you collect your child
- Pets - unless pre-arranged with the Childrens Services Coordinator
Guidelines for child care
Help us run a safe and welcoming child care service by following our guidelines.
- Do not bring your child if they are unwell
- Sign in when you arrive, and out when you leave
- Ensure you bring all the things your child will need for the session
- Label all your child's belongings