Joining with one of our many membership options gives you the chance to feel healthier and happier. We offer memberships that suit all lifestyles, ages and health requirements. Our friendly and qualified staff members are always on hand to support you.
How to Join and trials
The best way to join is by calling into the centre.
We'll work with you to meet your health and fitness needs, ask you about personal goals and help you create a fitness program that keeps you motivated.
We'll get you to fill out a:
- membership application form
- direct debit form, to pay your fees.
We are pleased to offer 24/7 access as a value add to applicable memberships. Before you can be granted this access, you are required to:
- Complete the Health Screen questionnaire while signing up with one of our customer service members. If you answer yes to any questions, a medical clearance letter from your doctor is required
- Complete a brief induction at the centre which will take you through the operation of the centre during unstaffed hours.
Only members who are 18 years or older are permitted to have 24/7 access.
YMCA 10 Pass Card
When you become a member, you also receive a YMCA Members card. Valid for 12 months, this card gives you ten complimentary visits to any participating YMCA Victoria managed facility in Victoria, so you can keep working towards your fitness goals even when you're not near our centre.
We've invested in our centre, our people and the right tools to help you smash your goals. Whether you want to lose weight or learn to swim, we're here to get you on the right track. Take the first step with a free trial and see what Wangaratta Indoor Sports and Aquatic Centre has to offer. Try our wide range of classes, check out the weights floor or join our Freestyle Group Training classes – fast and effective workout sessions.
Paying Membership Fees
Pay fortnightly, by direct debit
Usually, memberships are paid fortnightly by direct debit. You can pay from any of your accounts that allow direct debit, including a credit card account.
Debits are made every second Thursday (or the following business day if it's a public holiday). It may take a few days for the debit to show on your account.
Pay 6-monthly, by arrangement
You can choose to pay in 6-month blocks.
To arrange a fortnightly direct debit or a 6-month payment, contact customer service at the centre.
If you have any questions about payment, call us on (03) 5722 1723.
Your obligations with direct debit
You must ensure that you:
- have enough money in your account on the direct debit date, and up to 5 days after
- make any changes to your direct debit details at least 48 hours before a payment is due
- request in writing if you want us to stop your direct debits, and give us 14 days' written notice if you want to cancel your membership
If your direct debit fails we will:
- notify you by SMS, email or post - so make sure you keep your contact details up to date
- charge a $10 administration fee
- ask you to pay the outstanding amount at your next visit to the centre, or add it to your next direct debt.
We will continue to debit your account for any amounts outstanding, after making reasonable efforts to contact you.
Changes to fees and other membership conditions
We will give you at least 28 days' written notice of any changes to membership fees.
We reserve the right to change other membership conditions, including opening hours, services and facilities.
Suspending or Cancelling Memberships
Suspending your membership
You can suspend your membership for a minimum of two weeks, and up to 26 weeks. To do this you must:
- fill out an amendment form at the centre
- lodge the form at least 3 business days before the start of your suspension.
You will pay $5 per week while your membership is suspending.
To suspend your membership on medical grounds, you must provide a valid medical certificate covering the relevant dates. We cannot backdate a medical suspension beyond 1 month.
You will not pay any fees during a medical suspension.
Cancelling your membership
You must give us 14 days' notice in writing to cancel your membership. You must pay all outstanding fees before you can cancel. Credits on your account are not refundable.
We recommend you contact your bank to confirm the cancellation of direct debit membership payments.