Swimming lessons programs at WISAC can be tailored to suit the needs of school groups.
Our YMCA Swimming Lessons Program is fully mapped to and aligned with Victorian Essential Learning Standards. We provide programs suitable for primary or secondary school students. In a practical environment students will develop physical skills, knowledge and understanding of a range of aquatic situations and participate in essential water safety and survival skills education.
Our programs are flexible to suit your needs. Choose from a range of program lengths, teacher/student ratios, structures and activities, all run by nationally qualified instructors. Custom programs can include:
- AquaSafe Theory – within school
- AquaSafe Aquatic Education – with a focus on water safety and personal survival
- Water polo – introductory skills and drills
Enquires and bookings can be made by contacting one of our friendly customer service team on (03) 5722 1723.
How it works
Classes are usually run in the following format:
- Children are assessed at the start of the program and placed in their correct group for the duration of the program
- The program runs for approximately 10 weeks during the school term
- Classes run once a week for around 30 minutes
- Classes have a teacher to student ratio of 1:10
We can tailor a program suitable for your school's needs. Contact our reception to find out more.
School carnivals and events
Whether you’re looking for a fun excursion or end of year event for your students, a venue for your swimming carnival, or an integrated component of your PE program, we are here to help.
Please get in contact with our customer service team on (03) 5722 1723.
We're committed to providing access to all students
At the YMCA we are committed to providing every student with equal opportunity to participate in all programs. We can assist students with medical conditions and special needs, and also provide subsidised access to families with financial hardship.
Teachers please note:
We are also available to assist with your professional development, certification and skill-refreshers in
- First aid